Y1 Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Teaching Main Scale £25,129 to £37,086
Monday to Friday full time
Temporary full time contract to cover maternity leave, but starting at beginning of September for handover. Maternity cover is likely to run until the end of October 2022
23:59hrs Monday 17th May 2021
Tuesday 18th May 2021
Tuesday 25th May 2021
Required from 01Sep2021 (on a temporary basis to cover a maternity leave) the school is seeking to appoint an excellent, committed and experienced teacher to join the teaching staff team, initially as part of the Key Stage 1 phase, taking responsibility for a Year 1 class.
We need a teacher who:
- has a strong knowledge of primary teaching and learning
- can demosntrate high quality, creative teaching and learning
- is highly motivated and will contribute to the continual improvement of the school
- is able to support the positive ethos and values of the school
- will be able to ensure excellent progress and promote the success of every child in the class
In return you will receive:
- the opportunity to work ina dynamic, learning focused school with an excellent reputation
- supportive leadership
- the opportunity to work alongside excellent practitioners
- the opportunity to develop your career
- the chance to work with keen and enthusiastic children, and a strong and caring team
Greystones Primary School is totally committed towards child safety and therefore the successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure & Barring Service check to ensure their suitability to work with children as well as have a strong commitement to and knowledge of safeguarding.
If you have any specific queries in respect of the job advertised or scope of the role, Chris Jennings, Headteacher should be contacted in the first instance by email sent to
This is a school that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects its staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required for this post.
Applying For The Job:
We require you to complete a TEACHING STAFF application form, a Schools Criminal Records Declaration form and an Equal Opportunities Monitoring form to apply for this role. These forms along with other useful information about the school can be found here
Once completed the three forms must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date deadline shown above.
Group Visits for prospective candidates are currently restricted due to regulations relating to Covid-19. However, it may be possible to attend on an individual basis if the prospective candidate is not familiar with the school.
Please contact the school business manager, Nigel Brooke-Smith by email to in order to enquire about making a visit appointment.
It is not a requirement to visit to support your application, but you may find it useful to undertand the school and ask any questions before submitting your application.
All other queries in respect of the application process can be raised with Nigel Brooke-Smith our School Business Manager on